You may or may not have heard, but Logos Bible Software has dropped a remarkably huge update to their Bible App. This has been a longtime coming, and it features some pretty dramatic updates, so we thought we’d take a second and show off what’s new. My actual app review (the one that’s live in the App Store) is also included below. If you’re an avid user of the Logos Bible Software App, read on to see what’s new!
What’s new with their biggest update ever, Version 6.0.1?
- Introducing Tabbed Browsing: You can now open multiple books, tools and documents in tabs and effortlessly navigate between them with a left or right swipe.
- Introducing Reference Scanner: take a picture of your church bulletin or syllabus and Reference Scanner will read the verse references, allowing you to open them up in your app.
- Introducing Bible button: click the bottom center Bible icon to set and quickly jump to your preferred Bible.
- Simplified reading screen and navigation bar.
And what’s so great about tabbed browsing?
- Drag and drop tabs to reorder them, or swipe up on a tab to close it.
- Quickly and easily split your tabs by tapping on the split icon to use two features in the same tab.
- Link multiple Bible/Commentary tabs so that they scroll in unison.
My official review: FINALLY a big update for my favorite Bible App, Logos. I’ve got a larger phone (Pixel 2 XL) and I’ve got the SPACE for multiple resources to be open at one time … and now the new App allows me to do just that. In the same way that Google Chrome uses tabs for someone to flip around browser windows, you can skip around resources … and have multiple resources and workspaces open at one time. That makes things speedy. And for the heavy researcher, Logos gave us the ability to snap a picture of a page to grab all verse references listed on it. That’s crazy. So why four stars and not five!? There are a few updates that are needed, but the absolute biggest reason is that we can’t yet choose our font! And it’s just little updates like that that are needed to make this App all the better. It’s a solid App with tons of functionality. Give it a try.
- Logos Bible Software App in the Android Play Store: Here’s a Link
- Logos Bible Software App in the Apple iOS Store: Here’s a Link
OFFICIAL LOGOS BIBLE SOFTWARE APP RELEASE NOTES
Bible study tools combine with reading plans to deliver an intuitive Bible study experience. Read your favorite Bible translations offline, including the ESV, NASB, NKJV, and many more. Plus, choose from a variety of top Bible commentaries.
TOP LOGOS BIBLE SOFTWARE APP FEATURES:
- TABBED BROWSING—Open as many resources as you want side by side.
- REFERENCE SCANNER—Take a picture of a church bulletin or handout using Reference Scanner and the app will open all the verse references.
- LIBRARY—Downloading this app gives you access to 36 free resources to kick off your Bible study.
- NOTES—Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
- HIGHLIGHTING—Mark the words that matter with fully customizable color and text options and return to them at any time.
- BIBLE WORD STUDY—Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
- PASSAGE GUIDE—Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, cross-references, literary typing, and media resources.
- TEXT COMPARISON—Compare any verse across up to five translations with visual and percentage indicators of difference.
- SPLIT SCREEN—Delve into any secondary resource side by side with your preferred translation.
- SEARCH—Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
- SOCIAL SHARING—Share Bible verse images with Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Email.
- AUDIO BOOKS—Listen to the Word wherever you are.
Learn more about the Logos Bible Software App:
- What to see it in action? Logos Bible Software App iOS Training: Logos.com/training/ios
- Support Brave Daily by visiting Logos through the Brave Daily Partner Page.
- Archive posts about Logos: Abraham Curriculum and Lexham Genesis Collection